New Delhi: Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation Murlidhar Mohol has dismissed a foreign media report suggesting that investigators had fixed responsibility on the pilots in the Ahmedabad Air India crash, stating that the official inquiry remains underway and no conclusions have been finalised.
Speaking in Sangli on Saturday, Mohol said the country’s investigative agencies are continuing their work and urged confidence in their process. He stressed that any commentary would only be appropriate once the final report is completed and released. Responding to claims published by an Italian daily that the probe had blamed the cockpit crew, he said such reports were premature.
The crash, one of the deadliest aviation disasters in India in recent years, occurred on June 12, 2025, when an Air India Boeing 787 8 operating flight AI171 to London Gatwick went down shortly after take off from Ahmedabad. A total of 260 people lost their lives, including 241 passengers on board.
Earlier this week, the Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau clarified that the investigation is still in progress. The bureau stated that media reports claiming the inquiry had been concluded were incorrect and speculative. It reiterated that no final findings have been issued so far.
Authorities have maintained that a comprehensive and technical review is being conducted to determine the sequence of events that led to the tragedy. The government has said that the final report will present the official findings once all aspects of the investigation are thoroughly examined.
Sorry, there was a YouTube error.







