Author: Team Admin

New Delhi: Former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Urjit Patel has been appointed as Executive Director at the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a three-year term, according to an order issued by the Ministry of Personnel. The appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet on August 28. Patel, an economist of international repute, had earlier served with the IMF and brings extensive experience in both public policy and financial markets. He was RBI’s 24th Governor, taking charge on September 4, 2016. However, he resigned midway through his tenure on December 10, 2018, citing personal…

Read More

New Delhi: The Election Commission of India (ECI) has issued nearly three lakh notices in Bihar after large-scale discrepancies were detected in voter identity documents during the ongoing Special Intensive Revision (SIR) of electoral rolls. According to sources, the verification process revealed that nationals from Bangladesh, Nepal, Myanmar, and even Afghanistan had managed to obtain Indian voter identity cards. The irregularities were flagged by Electoral Registration Officers (EROs) during house-to-house checks carried out across the state. “A thorough verification will continue till August 30, and names found ineligible will be removed before the final voter list is published…

Read More

New Delhi: Union Home Minister Amit Shah on Thursday strongly condemned the alleged use of abusive language against Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his late mother from a Congress-RJD platform in Darbhanga, Bihar, calling it a “stain on democracy.” In a post on X (formerly Twitter), Shah said the remarks were not only derogatory but also an affront to the dignity of Indian politics. “The use of abusive language filled with expletives against the Honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his late mother is not only condemnable but also a stain on our democracy,” he wrote in Hindi.…

Read More

New Delhi: Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) chief Mohan Bhagwat on Thursday addressed a wide range of issues from international trade and language policy to population norms and education reforms during the centenary lecture series of the organisation. On global trade and relations, Bhagwat said the Sangh would not advise the government on dealing with US President Donald Trump’s tariff policies and would fully support the government’s decisions. “International trade is essential and must happen, as it also maintains relations between countries. But it should not be under pressure; friendship cannot thrive under pressure. It should be free, based on mutual…

Read More

NEW DELHI: In a major shake-up in Indian cricket administration, former India pacer Roger Binny has stepped down as the President of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI). Vice-President Rajeev Shukla has taken charge as the acting chief until fresh elections are held, sources told Dainik Jagran. The BCCI’s Apex Council meeting, chaired by Shukla on Wednesday, focused heavily on sponsorship matters. With Dream11’s contract terminated and the Asia Cup scheduled to begin on September 10, the board is racing against time to find a new sponsor. Officials confirmed that the focus is on securing a long-term…

Read More

Team Goemkarponn PANAJI: Goa Forward Party chief Vijai Sardesai has cautioned that Goa is on the verge of being nationally identified with liquor smuggling, a development he said would severely damage the state’s image and finances. In a letter to the Secretary (Finance), Sardesai recalled raising the issue during the recent monsoon Assembly session, stressing that the government’s inaction has allowed the illegal trade to thrive. He warned that liquor smuggling not only robs the state exchequer of vital revenue but also endangers lives and erodes public trust. “Permitting this industry to flourish unchecked is nothing less than a betrayal…

Read More

Team Goemkarponn PANAJI: In view of the traditional cultural festival Sangod Ustav, authorities have issued restrictions on vessel movement in the Cumbarjua Canal. According to the order, all barges and boats — except those engaged in essential services — are prohibited from operating in the canal from 5.00 p.m. on August 30, 2025, to 7.00 p.m. on August 31, 2025. The restriction applies specifically to the stretch between Banastari and the New Gaundaulim–Cumbarjua bridge. During this period, vessels are strictly cautioned not to navigate through the waterway. To ensure compliance, patrolling boats equipped with red flags during the day and…

Read More