Goemkarponn desk
MARGAO: BJP State President Sadanand Tanavade said that Party’ South Goa candidate will be announced in the third list.
“BJP is fully geared for the Lok Sabha polls and preparations are going on in full swing. Second list was declared on Wednesday. South Goa candidate will be announced by BJP central leadership in 3rd list,” said Tanavade.
He further said that Lotus is our candidate, and the campaign has already started,” he stated, noting that the party had already launched its campaign well in advance of Shripad Naik’s announcement of his candidature.
“The North Goa and South Goa constituencies will be overseen by campaign managers Rohan Khaunte, the minister of tourism, and Digambar Kamat” he added.
The BJP has shortlisted the names of three candidates for the South Goa seat.
They are former MP Adv Narendra Sawaikar, former Deputy Chief Minister Chandrakanat ‘Babu’ Kavalekar and former MLA Damodar ‘Damu’ Naik. These names have been forwarded to the BJP Parliamentary Board.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Pramod Sawant also said that BJP South Goa candidate will be announced in the 3rd list.
He also said that the BJP-ruled central government has sanctioned grants for creating infrastructure at Old Goa in view of the exposition of the relics of St Francis Xavier scheduled to be held later this year.
Lashing out at the incumbent Congress South Goa MP, Francisco Sardinha, Sawant challenged him to reveal how many schemes the Congress government had formulated during its regime from 2004-2014.
Trending
- Atishi joins AAP Goa leaders for Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations
- Issorcim villagers unite to build new Vailankanni chapel at Hollant
- Five held for theft at Chapora Jetty store room
- Woman booked after two brothers die of electrocution in Rivona
- West Bengal Man Found Dead in Bhoma; Suicide Suspected
- Unidentified man found dead at Panaji bus stand
- ED attaches plots, villa worth ₹2.86 crore in South Goa
- Konkani cultural icon Eric Ozario passes away at 75