Team Goemkarponn
Mumbai/ Panaji:
Indian Test opener Yashasvi Jaiswal has opted to continue his domestic career with Mumbai after formally withdrawing his request for a No Objection Certificate (NOC) to represent another state. The 23-year-old had created a stir in April by seeking an NOC from the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) to join Goa as a professional and potentially captain the side.
The MCA had initially agreed to issue the NOC. However, in May, Jaiswal wrote to the association requesting that the process be halted, citing personal reasons behind the change of plans.
On Monday, the MCA’s apex council ratified the withdrawal of the application.
“The Apex Council has approved the withdrawal of the No Objection Certificate (NOC) earlier requested by Yashasvi Jaiswal. He will remain available for Mumbai in all domestic competitions,” the MCA confirmed in a statement.
MCA president Ajinkya Naik said the association was pleased to retain Jaiswal in the squad.
“Yashasvi has always been a proud product of Mumbai cricket. We have accepted his request and he will be part of our plans for the upcoming season,” Naik said.
In his letter to the MCA, Jaiswal explained that earlier plans to shift to Goa for family reasons had been shelved, prompting him to stay on in Mumbai.
“I had some family plans in shifting to Goa, which for now have been curtailed. I have not submitted the NOC to the BCCI or the Goa Cricket Association,” Jaiswal wrote in May.
Meanwhile, the MCA also announced that the Dr HD Kanga League, Mumbai’s traditional monsoon tournament, will begin from July 20 in its original format.
Earlier this month, another India international, Prithvi Shaw, was granted permission by the MCA to move to a different state team.