Valpoi: In a major decision, the State government has issued proclamation for declaring Mhadei Wildlife Sanctuary as reserved forest, restricting movement of people in the santuary.
“Whereas Notification No. 2-333-99-FD/A-Part/94 under Sub Section 1 of Section 18 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 ( Central Act $3 of 1972) to constitute the forest specified below as Wild Life Sanctuary has been issued by the Government and published in the official Gazette No. 10, Series I dated 03 June 1999,” the notification of government says.
Under Sub Section 1 of Section 18 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 Central Act 53 of 1972). Dy Collector Rajesh S. Ajgonkar. Sattari, Valpoi has published the consequences which will ensure on the reservations of the said Forest.
- No right shall be acquired in or over the land and in or over the Forest produce in the area comprised in the notification except by succession or under grant of contract
- No fresh clearing or breaking of land for cultivation or any other purposes shall be conducted
- No felling or burning of trees or removing of bark of any other kind of damage shall be caused to the trees except under contracts or otherwise ordered by the Government to do so
- No trespass by any person or cattle will be done.
- No quarrying of stone, burning of lime or charcoal or collecting subject to any manufacturing process or removing of any forest produce will be performed.
- No hunting, shooting or fishing, poisoning of water or setting traps or snares will be done
“It is therefore notified for the information of all concerned that any person claiming any right in or over the land or forest produce may within a period of 2 Months from the date of this proclamation either present to me a written notice or appear before me and state the nature of such rights and the amount and particulars of the compensation (if any) claimed in respect thereof,” the proclamation said.
Details of the sanctuary
District: North Goa.
Village Town Gavanem. Golanli, Irve Buzzuroco, Maloli, Pale, Taluka: Satara Nanorem, Pendral, Satrem, Sirsodem. Siranguli, Sigonem, Xelop Buzuroco,, Zormem, Gulullem, Ivre Curdo, Kelandem.
Mhadei Wild Life Sanctuary
Eastern Boundary-Runs along the eastern boundary of villages – Satrem and Derodem along the Goa-Karnataka border and then along the northern boundary of Vainguinim and western boundary of Zarani and then along the south-western boundary of Codval upto the Goa-Karnataka border then going along and meeting the northern border of Bhagwan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary.
Northern Boundary– Runs along the northern boundary of village Satrem along the Goa -Karnatáka border then along the western and southern boundary of Surla and then along the eastern boundary of Golauli to touch the Goa-Karnataka border and then runs along the state boundary of Goa upto Kelaudem.
Southern boundary:- The northern boundary of Bhagawan Mahaveer Wildlife Sanctuary and the southern boundary of Govane.
Western boundary: Runs along the western boundary of the following villages in South to north direction – Gavan. Sirsode, Siranguli, Caranzol, then along the banks of the Mahadayi river upto the western boundary and eastern boundary Pale. Compordem and then goes along the western boundary of Compordem, southern and eastern boundary of Dabem along the western boundary of Zorme and western and northern boundary of Gullullem. Then joining the westem boundary of Charaundem and going along the southern boundary.