Panaji: The State Traffic police have announced diversion of vehicular traffic for the Carnival Float Parade to be held on Saturday in Panaji.
As per the statement issued by traffic police, the Carnival floats will be lined up on the Ribandar Causeway i.e. from Divja Circle to Ribandar- Merces junction.
The actual procession will commence at 3pm onwards drom Old Secretariat building towards Kala Academy.
All the floats thereafter will be parked at Bandodkar Ground, Campal.
Incoming Traffic to Panaji City
The incoming traffic to Panaji city will be diverted at Goa Konkani Academy tri-junction to proceed via old Patto Bridge – Joao Castro Road – Jose Falcao Road – Church Square to reach to their respective destinations.
2. Vehicles coming from new Mandovi Bridge and from Bambolim side to enter Panaji City will not be allowed to enter via Divja Circle. They will be diverted via Konkani Academy tri-junction – Old Patto Bridge to enter Panaji city.
3. Once the float parade begins, City Buses will not be allowed to ply in either direction till the Float parade is over.
Outgoing Traffic from Panaji City
1. The outgoing traffic from Miramar side will take right turn from Campal Ganesh Junction to proceed via Fire Brigade Junction – St. Inez Junction – Caculo Island M.G. Road/18t” June Road – Hindu Pharmacy road – Casa International Match Corner – Behind Secretariat – New Patto Bridge (presently used for incoming) – Divja Circle – KTC/Kingfisher circle.
2. Traffic coming from Rua-de-Ourem on reaching near Hotel Sona will not be allowed to take right. This traffic will be diverted to take left turn and then right turn near Hotel Vihar and exit via new Patto Bridge.
3. In view of ban on entry of vehicles into the city, no heavy commercial vehicles would be allowed to enter the city. Similarly the heavy and other commercial vehicles including all Tourist Buses coming from Dona Paula will not be allowed beyond Miramar Circle after 14.00 hrs.
(d) Parking Zones
1. All vehicles coming from North Goa will be parked at EDC Plaza near KTC bus stand
2. All vehicles coming from South Goa are requested to take road via GMC Goa University and park their vehicles at Campal Parade Ground.
(e) No Parking Zones
a. Jose Falcao Road, Joao Castro Road
b. Match Corner to Casa International (M.G. Road).
c. Caculo Island to St. Inez junction.
d. KTC Circle to Divja Circle.