Following govt approval, the Directorate of Education has allowed schools to resume classes in physical mode for students of Std IX to XII from October 18.
Guidelines for re-opening of schools:
1. The Heads of the Institutions & Management are requested to take their own decision taking into consideration available infrastructure and local condition.
2. School may, if require, initially follow a hybrid mode of teaching i.e.
online as well as offline classes.
3. Mandatory at Entry Gate: Face Mask, temperature Check, Sanitization.. 4. There shall be checking of temperature of every student/staff before entering school.
5. School functions and Assemblies to be avoided till further advisory is issued
6. Strict compliance to the COVID-19 appropriate behavior (maintaining social distance, wearing mask, sanitization etc.,) by everyone in the community should be encouraged and ensured.
7. For students who choose not to attend physical school, recorded class
lessons or any other online mode of teaching may be followed.
8. Teachers to ensure that students wear Masks all the time when in schools.
9. Washrooms to be monitored to ensure that there is no overcrowding.. 10. Deep cleaning of all drinking and hand washing stations, washrooms and lavatories shall be ensured.
11. Pathways and Corridors as far as possible are to be made one way to avoid brushing into each other and are to be adequately marked with direction arrows.
12. In case of two entry doors, one door for entry and another for exit to be used and marked accordingly.
13. Isolation, testing and contact tracing of symptomatic school attendees should be carried out as per health guidelines.
14.Schools to make their own SOPs’ if required, keeping in view infrastructure available and local circumstances.
15. If transportation facility is being managed by the school, proper physical/social distancing, sanitizing of buses/other transport vehicles shall be ensured.
16. Proper hygiene and sanitation should be maintained.
17. Time table should be prepared in such a manner that there will be no crowd in the school.
Criteria for attending the school:
1. School shall sanitize every place/class room to be used before opening
the school. 2. Only vaccinated staff (teaching & non-teaching staff) shall be allowed in the school premises. Those who cannot produce vaccination certificate. shall be allowed after producing negative report of RT-PCR test. Such report shall be valid for seven days and fresh report shall be produced after seventh day.
3. All the adult members working at and closely associated with schools, including the teachers, non-teaching staff, support staff, commute drivers, attendants and school visitors should have received at least one. dose of any COVID-19 vaccine.
4. High risk children (those suffering from chronic diseases like asthma, kidney diseases, disabled children, children on steroids etc) should consult their pediatricians/ physician before joining the schools.
5. Students/teachers/ staff having symptoms of COVID-19 shall be advised to have test immediately. 6. Schools shall take all the precautions and care to prevent any cases of COVID-19.