95 p.c of civil works on Saligao waste plant expansion completed: Lobo
Enhancement of Solid Waste Management Facility at Saligao to 250 TPD
01. Letter of Award — 07th July 2020
02. Date of signing Contract Agreement —
07th July 2020
03. Date of commencement of work — 29th August 2020
04. Stipulated date of completion — 28th November 2021
05. Cost of Project (in INR) — 103.87 Crore
06. Model — EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) mode
07. Project Management Consultant — GSIDC
08. Project by — GWMC
Saligao: Almost 95 per cent civil work on the expansion project of Saligao Waste treatment plant is over and the rest is expected to be completed very soon.
Minister for Waste Management Michael Lobo and Goa Waste Management Corolporation Managing Director Levinson Martins addressing media said with increase in waste generation per capita and additional waste during the tourism season, it was very much required to expand the existing facility.
“The upgradation work of the facility is ongoing and around 95% of the civil work is completed,” Lobo said.
He said after expansion, the facility will be able to handle waste to the tune of 250 (+20%) metric ton per day from the existing 150 metric ton per day.
“The expansion of the facility will bring in better technology for treatment of solid waste. The facility is setup, operated and expanded by M/s. Hindustan Waste Treatment Pvt. Ltd.,” said GWMC MD Levinson Martins.