PANAJI: Power Minister Sudin Dhavlikar appealed to the public to come forward and help the linesmen working in the Electricity Department and underlined the need to behave decently with the officials of the Department.
The Minister for Power, New and Renewable Energy & Housing, Sudin Dhavlikar, spoke after commissioning the 2×6.3 MVA, 33/11 KV (Indoor Type) Sub Station at Sal in Bicholim.
Minister for Transport, Industries, Panchayat & Protocol Mauvin Godinho also graced the occasion. Dr Chandrakant Shetye, MLA Bicholim; Shri Pradeep Revodkar, ZP Member; Shri Ghanashyam Raut Sarpanch, V.P. Sal; Shri Stephen Fernandes, Chief Electrical Engineer; Shri Vallabh Samant Executive Engineer were amongst those present.
Sudin Dhavlikar said that the Chief Minister has approved works worth Rs. 350 crores and added detail report were prepared by the Department from which 27 works were accorded priority.
Stressing the need to provide a stable power supply, Dhavlikar said, electricity has become the lifeline of people. Underground cabling work worth Rs. 200 crores are underway, he added.
All Street lights maintenance will be brought under the Electricity Department’s ambit; he added that one Junior Engineer in each division will be deployed to take care of only the Street lights across the State.
Mauvin Godinho said power indicates the growth of all sections of people and the country. 450 crores were sanctioned by former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpeyee to augment and upgrade power stations/supply through which Goa is getting quality power. Power outages should be minimised to the extent possible, he said.
Minister appealed to the locals to tie up with reputed businessmen in neighbouring areas to boost business enterprise in Sal areas. The Government, through Simplified policy, intends to encourage the setting of industries in the Sal area to provide employment opportunities to the people of Bicholim, he added.
MLA Dr Chandrakant Shetye also spoke on occasion.
- Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav-75 Glorious years of India’s Independence
- Are We Really Independent nation?
- Pt Nehru & his contribution to India will live forever: Congress
- Govt primary, high schools to be named after freedom fighters: CM
- Brute Reality: On The Eve of 75th Independence Day, “The Unwanted Girl Child”
- TCP notifies changes in Calangute-Candolim, Arpora-Nagoa-Parra &Vasco ODPs
- 3 month old baby girl beaten to death
- Govt always in forefront in sucessfully implementing welfare oriented schemes: CM