MARGAO: Goyant Kollso Naka has said that it is disappointed with the self – contradictory CEC Report which recommends the transmission lines and Highway projects, in stark contrast to the reasoned rejection of the Double Tracking by SWR.
Abhijit Prabhudesai of GKN says that the transmission lines are unnecessary.
“It is clear that not only is the transmission line unnecessary, it is also against the Government’s commitment to the world community to fight global warming by setting a 358 MW solar power target for Goa,” he says.
GKN concludes that the money sanctioned for the transmission lines be used instead for solar power, in line with Govt policy. NH-4A.
GKN points out that CEC has grossly failed to consider the facts regarding traffic at present and in the future.
“NH-4A has very sparse traffic and has no need for expansions. It is factually observed that NH-4A is presently highly underutilized,” GKN says.
GKN states that there are 3 other roads available to cross Western Ghats from Goa and this widening is totally illogical.
“The proposed widening will destroy the Western Ghats as much or even more, than the second track rejected by CEC,” it says.
GKN concludes that the NH-4A must also be rejected. Animal overpasses and underpasses must be implemented without any widening of the road.
- Calangute Youth Stabbed at Arpora; police suspect previous rivalry
- Sairaj Ramchandra Naik, Fire fighter of Directorate of Fire and Emergency Service, Mapusa Fire Force Station, won a Gold medal in 100 metres and Silver in long jump at All India Fire Services Sports held in Delhi recently, in general category.
- Aarush Pawaskar wins Silver at ICSE School Nationals
- Tanisha wins Mixed Doubles Bronze in India Chhattisgarh International Challenge
- Double crown for Govt College Khandola
- SCM Smells A Rat in Sonsodo Waste
- Fresh extraction of ore will resume in Nov 2023: CM
- His Birthday Is A Dry Day, Next Day We Trade Notes to Buy Alcohol Which Has His Photograph