PONDA: A house in which three families resided caught fire at Kaswada Talavalim today morning at 10 am, causing a loss of around Rs one lakh.
The family alleged sabotage. Timely help from Ponda fire personnel saved the house from major damages.
According to Ponda Fire Station, in charge of Sushil Morajkar, the ground plus one storey house is registered in Pandu Govind Naik, and his three sons and their families are residing.
Today morning, after receiving a call, the Ponda fire team and two fire tenders immediately rushed to the spot and extinguished the fire spreading to neighbouring houses. The fire caused a loss of more than Fifty thousand to one lakh. He said some people suspected that somebody had set the house on fire. He said Police are investigating the case.