PANAJI: Photo Journalists Association Goa (PJAG) is happy to announce its annual state-level Photography Contest for the General public and School Category on the occasion of ‘ World Photography Day’ and PJAG annual function, i.e. on 19th August 2022. Winning pictures of the 2021 and 2022 photo contests will be declared together.
Details of the photo contest are as follows:
General category Theme: ‘ Hinterland Tourism (Goa)’.
Any individual residing in Goa can participate in a general category photo competition. And will be awarded a cash prize of Rs 5000/-, Rs 4000/- and Rs 3000/- respectively, along with the PJAG Trophy and Certificate.
School Category Theme: ‘Monsoon In Goa’
Any school Student studying in V to X standard school of Goa can participate in this category with the cash prizes of Rs 4000/-, Rs 3000 and Rs 2000/- respectively, along with the PJAG trophy and certificate.
Rules and Regulations are as follows:
1. Participants can submit a maximum of four photographs.
2. Entries (Soft copies) should be sent to email@example.com
3. Photographs can be clicked on Digital or Mobile cameras.
4. Photos Clicked using Drone Cameras shall not be accepted.
5. Last date for submission: 10th August 2022.
6. All soft copies must be sent with the details like participant name, address, phone number, email id, and captions (details) in English only.
7. Must be uploaded in JPEG format with high-quality compression (Minimum200 dpi). We will use winning images for high-quality reproduction.
8. Pictures must not show the photographer’s name, agency, publication, or any other information.
9. Only single exposure and single frame pictures will be accepted
10. Adjustments of colour or conversion to grayscale that do not alter content are permitted.
11. Copyright holders retain the copyright of their work. For awarded pictures, copyright holders grant the Photo Journalists Association Goa unlimited, non-exclusive use of high-resolution pictures for activities in all media, including social media, online and print, in relation to the contest, the exhibition, the yearbook, the public archive, and all promotional and educational activities for and under the auspices of the Photo Journalists Association Goa, without any remuneration being due.
12. PJAG will not be held responsible for injury, death, damage, loss, delay, cost, expense, or inconvenience arising from travel misfortunes beyond our control.
13. The conditions set out in the Entry Rules are binding, and the Photo Journalists Association Goa (PJAG) reserves the right to refuse or exclude any entry at its own discretion.
14. The competition winners will be formally notified by e-mail, post or telephone soon after the judging process.
15. Jury/Judges’ decision will be final, and no correspondence or claims will be entertained by the organizers.
16. Kindly note: For any query, feel free to contact Atish Naik on 9657155047, Kailas Naik on 9011246640, Tulsidas Raul on 8999421974