PONDA: Sudden high voltage damages electrical appliances of many houses at Bandora. The incident occurred at 9.30 pm yesterday night.
One house owner Anuradha Canconkar suffered the loss of Rs 5 lakh in fire due to high voltage. The house’s first floor caught fire; however, when the incident occurred, the Canconkar family had gone out for some work. Noticing the fire on the first floor, the neighbours alerted Canconkar s parents residing on the ground floor of the house, following which they rushed and doused the fire. The family said they suffered a loss of Rs 5 lakh in the incident as their LED TV, Refrigerator, laptop, clothes, and other goods were damaged alongside an entire room of the house damaged as the house was closed.
Sudden power fluctuations in Kurpas Bandora yesterday night created panic.
One lady of another house said before the power went off there were several times fluctuations and suddenly there was high voltage due to which bulbs got damaged.