With two deaths and 108 new cases, most in a day, the State’s tally of confirmed cases has reached 1684 on Saturday.
Health Secretary Nila Mohanan, in a COVID briefing announce dthat Goa had 108 cases and 53 recoveries, she also confirmed two deaths on late Friday, taking the toll to 6 cases.
The active cases as on Saturday is 855, she said.
As per the health bulletin, a 75-year old women from Curtorim with co-morbid conditions died at COVID hospital on Friday and another 45 year old man from Khariwada died hours later. His COVID 19 result was received after the death, Mohanan said.
She denied there was a delay in shifting the man to the hospital.
“When the person was brought to hospital he did not have any symptoms and as such his swab was taken and sent home,” she said.
When questioned, she however admitted there was need to enhance number of ambulances.
“There is a shortage of ambulances and the State Executive Committee too discussed the issue,” Mohanan said.
The Health secretary ruled out there was any shortage of beds in COVID hospital or COVID care centres.
“We are comfortable with current number and definitely arrangements are on to accommodate more and the numbers increase,” She said.
Asked whether any decision was being taken with regards the de-sealing on Mangor hill area, which is under complete lockdown for over a month, she replied the decision on containment zone will be taken by district administration taking into account the situation.
About a Goa-based hospital being selected for clinical trials of COVID19 vaccine, she said, ICMR is directly dealing with Redkar hospital on clinical trials of Covid Vaccine.
“State has no role to play. We can only assist if asked,” Mohanan said.
- Allot spaces to those people who had their kioks outside GMC on priority: Former MLA to CM
- Sec 144 imposed at Uguem & Sanguem on likelihood of protest against IIT by farmers
- Govt in process of digitising KTCL services: CM
- On this Dussehra, CM seeks people’s support to fight evils in the society
- Club X Owner Manoj Singh Provided Five Girls To Entertain Guests For Accused Tarzan & Ludu’s Birthday Bash
- Returned to Goa 45 days ago, after serving 6-mth externment, Tarzan committed another crime
- Kidnapping cases related to school children only rumours: DySP Dalvi
- MMC takes resolution to revoke GSL Occupancy