CANACONA: Two Tourist Huts were destroyed in a short-circuit Fire at busy locality at Agonda beach on Sunday evening.
According to Fire Services sources, both the huts though under occupation were howver, empty as tourists were out when the fire broke out in one of the huts. In the nick of time, some locals alongwith resort staff removed the guests belongings before the fire, which initially engulfed one hut also spread to the other hut and virtually extinguished the fire using water pumps in the resort, and brought under control, well before the arrivals of the fire tender and personnel.
The roofs of both the huts consisting of Plastics, Coconut Leaves and PVC Fibre-sheets were destroyed, while electrical appliances including AC’s , beddings and linen were partly damaged, leaving intact the walls made out of Cement sheets.
According to Canacona Fire Services, a call was received at 16.45 hours on Sunday evening that two of the huts situated 200 metres away from the leftside of the Agonda church) are up in flames and the fire personnel alongwith Fire-Tender reached wihin minutes at the site.
However, when the Fire Personnel reached, found the fire was already extinguished and brought under control.
Fire Sources stating Short-circuit in the Airconditioner unit in one of the huts as the cause, however, informed that the loss is not yet estimated as plastics, Coconut leaves and PVC (Fibre) Sheets were used to erect the Tourist huts, besides the Bed, Beddings, Bathrooms, etc..
The fire team was lead by leading fire fighters Prashant Velip and Molu Velip, also consists of Driver-Cum-Operator Sanjay jadhav, Fire-Fighters Gautam Velip, Prathik Gaonkar, Prashant Dessai.