BENGALURU:
Suspended JD(S) leader and Hassan MP Prajwal Revanna has given a statement for the first time since the beginning of the alleged sex scandal row, saying that CID Bengaluru has been informed of his absence in the city. “Truth will prevail soon,” he said.
In a post on X, the grandson of former Prime Minister HD Deve Gowda shared a letter and said, “As I am not in Bangalore to attend the enquiry, I have communicated to C.I.D Bangalore through my Advocate. The truth will prevail soon.”
Notably, the SIT seized Prajwal’s former driver Karthik’s phone on Wednesday, for data retrieval in connection to the ‘obscene videos’.
Earlier on Tuesday, Karthik said he gave the video clips to Karnataka BJP leader and lawyer Devaraje Gowda. Gowda, meanwhile, said that he had warned the party of the sexual abuse allegations against Prajwal before the alliance deal with JD(S) was finalised.
The BJP leadership, however, asserted that no such letter reached them.
The SIT also issued a notice to Prajwal, asking him and his father HD Revanna to appear before it for investigation within 24 hours.
JD(S) MLA HD Revanna is the second accused in the case. The father-son duo have been booked under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 354A (sexual abuse), 354D (stalking), 506 (threat) and 509 (insult caused to the modesty of a woman).
1
/
11
#JustCasual with Manikrao Thakare | “Congress Open for an Alliance, It’s Up to Other Parties”
Exclusive: RGP MLA Viresh Borkar Breaks Silence on Party Rift
#JustCasual With Joshua de Souza “It’s Election Time so critics will say anything”
#JustCasual With Kumar Arjun Gaveli "The Youth is Frustrated"
#JustCasual With Daji Salkar "The Issue Is Not Just the NEET Paper Leak"
#JustCasual With Babu Azgaonkar "The Show Must Goa On"
1
/
11







