PANAJI: The second wave of COVID19 pandemic has become a nightmare for Goans as 26 more deaths have been reported on Tuesday.
In the last three days Goa has 54 deaths with Sunday, April 18 – 11 deaths, Monday April 19 – 17 deaths and today 26 deaths.
The situation seems grim for the tiny state, which despite this mayhem does not seem to learn from the mistakes.
The government is yet to take a decision on postponement of municipal polls and Board exams which are scheduled in next one week.
As per the mortality bulletin of Goa, 16 death’s were at GMC, 08 death’s at South Goa district hospital, one at PHC BETKI and one at North Goa private hospital.
The bulletin says that there were 1160 new infractions taking the active cases to 8241 and overall to 69,112.
There were 440 new cases taking the overall recoveries to 60145.
Total 926 people have lost their lives in this pandemic.
Meanwhile, the Health Minister Vishwajit Rane held a virtual meeting with all the HODs of GMC to review preparedness given the rising cases in the state of Goa.
He has instructed them on the following:
‣ Maintain Sufficient stock of medicines
‣ Ensure the staff (both Covid & Non-Covid duty) are equipped with protective gears
‣ Ward 121 is set up as a COVID ward with 5 beds reserved to treats doctors who have tested positive.
‣ Patient relative to be restricted to one.
‣ All planned surgeries to be cancelled till 15th May, to be resumed post review after 15th May. Chemotherapy and Dialysis unit to continue as scheduled.